The compact Atrium 4 loudspeaker produces high fidelity sound quality anywhere you want great sound. Its small size makes it ideal for tight, out-of-way installations. With an aluminum dome tweeter and polypropylene cone driver in each speaker enjoy deep, accurate bass and smoother response. Polk’s patented Dynamic Balance and Klippel Optimization technologies ensure perfect material performance, eliminating driver and tweeter “artifacts” for more realistic sound reproduction at high and low volume levels. The weatherproof cabinet features a rustproof aluminum grille, rustproof aluminum bracket, and stainless steel/brass hardware that can endure seasonal change and provide great indoor speaker-quality sound for years of outdoor listening enjoyment. Quick and easy to install with Polk’s Speed Lock Mounting system.
From the Manufacturer
Exceptional sound anywhere you want it – really, anywhere. The compact Atrium® 4 Outdoor Loudspeaker meets or exceeds military specifications for environment endurance. Its small size makes it ideal for tight, out-of-way installations: by the pool, next to the deck or patio, around the kitchen, tucked away in the family den or filling the backyard with great sound. The easy to mount Atrium 4 will deliver high performance audio fall, winter, spring and summer, bringing years of outdoor enjoyment. Available in durable, weatherproof black or white paintable finishes.
- 4 1/2″ (11.43cm) Dynamic Balance® long-throw mineral-filled polypropylene cone driver with butyl rubber surround pumps out surprising bass response from a compact design.
- 3/4″ (19mm) Dynamic Balance anodized aluminum dome tweeter with rubber surround and neodymium magnet for better power handling and smoother response.
- Broad coverage baffle design fills a large open outdoor space with big, full-range sound. The Atrium 4 has a more steeply-angled baffle design that maximizes critical mid- and high-frequency dispersion over a large area, without sacrificing detail.
- Speed-Lock® Mounting, the easiest, fastest and safest of all mounting systems.
- Polk Audio All-Weather Certified, Atrium Series speakers exceed baseline industrial and military specifications for environmental endurance (ASTM D5894-UV Salt Fog, Mil Standard 810 Immersion, Mil-Std 883 Method 1009.8 for salt and corrosion.) Polk All-Weather Certification means Atrium Speakers can effortlessly withstand the worst mother nature can dish out, whether its extreme temps or heavy rains.
Take a look inside this product
- 4 1/2″ (11.43cm) Dynamic Balance® long-throw mineral-filled polypropylene cone driver with butyl rubber surround
- 3/4″ (19mm) Dynamic Balance® anodized aluminum dome tweeter with rubber surround
- A more steeply-angled baffle design maximizes critical mid- and high-frequency dispersion over a large area.
- Durable, mineral-filled polypropylene cabinet design. Sounds like a real speaker (not “an outdoor speaker”), and survives years of seasonal changes.
- Aluminum grilles and bracket, with stainless steel and brass hardware: No rust. Ever.
- Gold-plated 5-way binding posts for the most secure, dependable hookups.
Dynamic Balance®. Polk perfected the method of analyzing a speaker’s microscopic behavior while in motion using laser Interferometry. With that information in hand, Polk engineers select the ideal combination of materials, geometry and construction techniques to literally “tune out” unwanted resonance. The result is a speaker that delivers pure, distortion free deep bass.
Klippel Transducer Optimization. Using a state-of-the-art Klippel Distortion Analyzer, Polk engineers optimized the transducer’s motor structure, voice coil alignment and suspension for longer excursion and greater linearity bringing you the best possible performance even at the most extreme listening levels.
Speed-Lock® Mounting System. Our proprietary system for easy, safe one-handed installations even in difficult locations. The greatly simplified mounting procedure means the end to “juggling” at the top of the ladder. Simply mount the bracket and click the speaker into place. Aim it, tighten it down, and fini! Outdoor convenience, indoor sound quality! The new bracket also has a 45-degree down angle. Why adjust a speaker to a 45-degree angle, when we can design a mounting bracket that lets you install the speaker at that angle permanently? It’s another feature of Atrium’s new mounting system and a simple, elegant solution.
In the Box
Use with these products
|Mid/Woofer||1 – 4-1/2″ Diameter (11.43cm)
Dynamic Balance® Mineral Filled Polymer Cone with rubber surround
|Tweeter||1 – 3/4″ Diameter (1.91cm)
Dynamic Balance® Anodized Aluminum Dome Tweeter with Neodymium motor structure
|Overall Frequency Response||75Hz-25kHz|
|Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||10-80 w per channel|
|Inputs||Gold-plated 5-way Binding Posts|
|Cabinet Size||8-5/8″ H x 5-11/16″ W x 6-11/16″ D
(21.91cm H x 14.45cm W x 16.99cm D)
|Mounting Options||180-degree Speed-Lock® Mounting System|
|Product Weight||3.60 lbs. (1.63kgs)|
|Total Shipping Weight||9.50 lbs. (4.31kgs)|
|Speaker Warranty1||5 years parts and labor (original purchaser)|
|1To ensure a valid warranty, Polk loudspeakers must be purchased at an Authorized Polk Audio home or car loudspeaker Dealer (such as Amazon.com). (If you’re not sure a dealer is “authorized,” call Polk Audio at 1-800-377-7655, and ask us.) The warranty is not transferrable, that means it applies only to the original purchaser. If you purchase your speakers from a private individual, that product is considered “used” and has NO factory warranty, no matter what the seller implies. The warranty is VOID if the serial number of the speaker has been removed or defaced. If you have any questions about your warranty coverage, or you think you need service, call Polk Customer Service at 1-800-377-7655. We’re here to help you get the most from your new speakers!|
CREATED TO LIVE AND PLAY OUTDOORS, your Atrium Speakers can be installed in any open space—by a pool, in the patio or a sunroom, or tucked away somewhere in the backyard. They will deliver EXCEPTIONALLY GREAT SOUND
WIDER SOUND DISPERSION & SURPRISINGLY POWERFUL BASS driven by a 4 1/2″ mineral filled Dynamic Balance polymer cone and a 3/4″ anodized aluminum dome tweeter with rubber surround. 80W power CUTS THROUGH LOUD, JARRING BACKGROUND NOISES
Recognized as ONE OF THE BEST-LOOKING OUTDOOR SPEAKERS, Polk Atrium 4 speakers come with a steeply-angled baffle design filling open spaces with big full-range sound! The outer profile EASILY BLENDS INTO THE CORNERS OF THE OUTDOOR WALLS
ONE-CLICK SPEED-LOCK MOUNTING BRACKET offers EASY, ANTI-SLIP ONE-HANDED INSTALLATION allowing you to mount these speakers vertically or horizontally, to deliver the best possible sound in a variety of situations. Simply mount the swiveling C-bracket
THE SPEAKER FOR ALL SEASONS – it’s rugged durability, high environmental endurance and superior quality has helped Polk Outdoor Speakers earn the all-weather Certification. EFFORTLESSLY WITHSTANDS EXTREME TEMPERATURES AND HEAVY RAIN year after year